Sunday, March 15, 2009

Still workin' on that 'Stache!



This weekend turned out to be rather a fine one. I made plans and they didn't fall through and I think it proves that things are starting to warm up again.

Saturday, Anneke had invited me to go with her classmates, Ayaka Okubo from Japan, and herself to the National Palace Museum. It was a lot of fun and her classmates are really nice. Anneke goes to an all girls school by the way, and so it was me and the ladies yesterday. Eventually, the Museum got to be a bit of a bore, so we headed out to ShiLin Night Market. As we bummed around there we ran into a couple of exchange student girls from the other district. They were nice enough and we shared some stories. Everybody's having different experiences, sure, but there are a lot of things that remain the same.

Got home a little late last night, but it was okay cause mom and dad were out and I get the feeling that by taking the initiative to tell them where I am and what I'm doing they just might forgo fussing at me (which hasn't been a problem yet, but the thought crossed my mind).

Today, I woke up and chatted with Eric, Barb, and Vince on Facebook before heading across the street to Taipei 101 to meet my health teacher and go to this younger teacher's wedding/party. I think I was looking pretty 帥 today (my teacher got some pictures). There were thirteen courses at the meal and a little bit of toasting the health of everyone. It was altogether a pretty grand affair.

Afterwards, I was heading home and decided to go see a movie, called up Adam, but he was busy shopping for supplies to make Mexican food (not an easy task), so ended up buying a ticket for "Watchmen" 40 minutes before it started. Walked around, gave Renaat a call, but he was deep into the computer games over at ZhongXiaoDunHua and he's seen the movie already so I went alone. Worked out though. It was a single end seat so we wouldn't have been able to sit together.

I read the comic book of the same name and at first I was pleasantly surprised that things were almost exactly like the book, but as things went on, some of the "less important" details of the story were omitted and without those "less important" details, the conclusion had to be modified in a way that I felt didn't really reach the same point that the book had. Anyway.

Good weekend, lookin' for a good week. My birthday is Wednesday (your Tuesday). Hope you're all very well.

No comments: