Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patrick's Day?

Seeing as Taiwan does not appear to have a very large population of Irish immigrants, it's no wonder that there is little mention of that magical day of green, St. Patrick's Day. I'm fine with that though. The only real excitement I ever got out of it was the knowledge that my birthday would be the next day.

And gosh, it is! Geewillickers!

I already recieved a gift from my friend Leo and I heard about a surprise in the works from an anonymous source.

When I was eight, I couldn't see myself past thirteen. When I turned thirteen, I couldn't see past seventeen. When I was seventeen, I thought I knew where I was going. Eighteen, I made educated guesses and decided to leave it all up in the air. I rather like not knowing exactly what my future holds.

Actually, the book Leo gave me is about allowing the mysteries of life to remain mysteries. It's a religious book only in that the writer redefines religion and I find myself identifying with this man's views.

So it'll be good to have another year of me. I have some responsibilities coming up, as well as some things I want to do. Happy St. Patty's Day over there!

1 comment:

Isaac Whorl said...

St. Patrick's day wasn't as patricky without you around.