Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chinese School and Why I'd Rather Be with the Natives

I guess it's kinda late right now, but all my days seem chock full o' stuff my supporters ought to know. Monday saw the start of my Chinese education and also an increase in my food and transportaion costs (no more pea crackers and chocolate milk). Monday was also the day that marked the beginning of being around other exchange students every morning (I'm not positive, but I think we're quickly running out of new things to talk about). In short, I'm glad that the long arduous journey of officially learning Chinese has begun, but I would rather a Sherpa guide to aid me in climbing this Everest than fifty foriegn exchange students each with his (and her) own pitfalls.
What I'm trying to get at is that I would rather be at SongShan Senior High School for eight hours than with fifty (myself included) contestants on Survivor.

In other news, I have some funny stories and neat little tidbits in store for you all which I hope to transmit when I find myself at a computer earlier in the day.

2 comments:

Chris Thomas said...

Nigel, it's time to leave the island. Give me your torch.

Sam said...

This is completely unrelated to your post, but when you get a chance, read "The Sirens of Titan," by Vonnegut. I think you would like it.