Tuesday, September 9, 2008

At the School

Right now I am in the library at my school. My class is talking about DNA and RNA and I am thinking about the little adventure I am about to embark on an hour from now. If all goes as planned, the bus will take me to Taipei 101 Entrance A where I will meet Adam Kolejevich-Kotch and Anneke Kirsch to go shopping at one of the night markets here.
The names I mentioned are those of the two other exchange students in my host club Taipei-HwaYueh (means "beautiful music" because it's founder was into music). Adam is from Idaho, near Boise I think, and Anneke is from Germany, around Westphalia.
the plan is a little shoddy, taking into account the fact that we don't really know our way around the city, but we're trusting in public transportation and a little luck. I'm sure that everything will work out as Adam is very cool-headed and I have a map.

In other news, I think I should mention that I do have a chinese name now. I talked about it with my family and we came up with: 李墨. It's pronounce li moi. The "li" came from my dad's chinese name "Li Da Qi". My dad here said, "It will honor your father." "Moi" is the word for the chinese ink well and connotates poetry and art. "Nigel" means black, so we could have used the chinese for black, but my mother felt that Moi was better and carried more meaning. I tend to agree.

Anyway, I'm going back to class now.

1 comment:

Li da qi said...

Ha Ha Ha, li moi ming tian, li daqi is starting conversational Chinese at York college! tommorrow. Enjoy