Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Counting

Fifty-three(53)

That's today's number, right in there between 54 and 52.
It's another mark on the post, another line on the wall, twenty-four hours.
I counted down the days until I would leave to come here to this island, and now I'm counting down the days until I will leave to return home. I'm rather excited about it. Is that wrong?

I talked to my friend Chris Thomas yesterday on Skype (what would we do without Skype?). He's going to Temple University out in Philidelphia, which is where I'll be going once August rolls around. It was a good conversation, I found he's changed as well in his first year out of school. I suppose everyone does, given a little freedom and responsibility.

School is the same, Taipei is a little depressing, and I'm eager to go on that tour with Rotary and then come home. Sometimes I think I should just slip into a coma or some kind of futuristic time capsule and just sleep until it's time to leave, even if I miss a bunch of exciting things, I'm sure my dreams would more than make up for it.

Gonna see the school orchestra concert tomorow. If they would have given me a little more notice (and I hadn't been sick with the Common Cold), I might have been able to play with them. Oh well.

Blah, Blah, Blah

No comments: