Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fruit Bats and Aye-ayes






I have never ever claimed to be a morning person. Actually, I usually get this burst of energy and wakefulness at the time when everyone else is asleep. I'll never understand this, but it usually leads to things like sleeping in until noon and getting fussed at by "normal" people because I'm wasting half of my life by sleeping for 12 hours (which isn't true. Maybe they see me go to bed at 10:00, but that doesn't necessarily mean I went to sleep at 12:00, or even 2:00). Maybe this lifestyle will eventually lead to some horrible consequence, but I don't see nocturnal animals ever getting fussed at.


Anyway, yesterday I decided that instead of this year being another year in the "best life of my life", I would rather this year was the best year of my life, I mean, I can always say that for every year after this one if I want. The thing is, I only have about four months to step it up and make my time here mean something to me. I want every day to be memorable in some way, even if I make a mistake.


Things here never really were that bad (things never are), it was only my overdramatic, idealistic brain jumping to conclusions and telling me that I need a good reason to get out of bed. There's really no good reason to sleep the day away though, even if I am nocturnal.

1 comment:

Isaac Whorl said...

A good solid 5 hours of sleep a night and you can conquer the world