Sunday, February 8, 2009

Almost half an hour ago..

I saw an unconscious man in the street as he was run over by another vehicle. The first instance I viewed this I thought he was a dummy, but it quickly occurred to me that this life I'm living is not a movie as much as I would like it to be. My mind is really shaken right now because I was caught completely off-gaurd. What really got me is that everyone else standing around was too. It was like they were expecting him to get up and be completely fine. The only thing I could think to do was ask somebody if they were calling 119 and then I saw that at least three people were.
I walked on, and as I did I realized that even a few feet away, people didn't know that any man had been injured, that a man was losing his blood in the street. The world doesn't stop for anyone. I'm rattled.

This happened on top of being weighed down by the fact that after not seeing my family and friends for a eon, as soon as I return I will be immediately starting a job as a camp counselor in Maryland. From what they explained to me during an interview on Skype two days ago it's a beyond full time job that lasts from June 14 to August 19 and it pays $1300 for the summer (an extra $15 a week cause I'm an Eagle Scout). So now, it seems to me like the moment I stepped onto the plane in Harrisburg, I moved my life into phase two and nothing's ever going to go back to the way it was.

So my next five years are accounted for now, no worries. I'll just work on planning out the five years after that.

I really hope something rocks my world before that happens, but I really hope it's not getting run over by a car.

No comments: