Monday, November 3, 2008

Dragons, Gods, and Beards on Tape

Imagine that I uploaded some cool videos from my trip to PingLin last Saturday.

This is a video of a dragon dance (chinese:舞龍舞獅-DanceDragonDanceLion). It was performed by some kids in PingLin, a town famous for its tea, which was supposedly the reason we were going there.

Actually, this trip reminded me of the Rotary outings for the Inbound Students in York, with some sort of itinerary and stuff, but then everyone has to rush through some museum or something because we spent too much timedoing something more interesting. I hope the trip in May is less hectic.

I did enjoy the hike through the tea fields on the side of a mountain. A very pastorale landscape, my only wish is that it could have been a little less rainy and depressing. I have some other videos from that trip, which I may add in here at a later date because just this first one is taking quite some time (granted, it is the longest video I took, but those kids were so cute).

So, I've been chillin' out lately, studying up for the Midterm Exam of my Chinese Class. I'm not much worried, thinkin' I'll ace it. I'm trying not to let 媽媽's compliments about my Chinese go to my head (although if anything they make me want to keep learning and not just chuck it).

http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t354/Functional_bucket/Taiwan

The above is a link to my album of photos from Taiwan. It just takes so much time to put all the pictures in this blog that I figure you can peruse them on this other website and make up stories about what a blast I'm having over here. I bought a new wallet. It's Kung-fu Panda themed and holds all my cash and stuff. I'm keeping a budget now, to figure out where all my money is going and whether I should cut back on trips to the 7-11 for drinks.

I think I change adresses soon, maybe a couple more weeks, I don't know. I've met three of my four host families so far. The next one is going to be great I can feel it.

I've lost track of what I was going to say now because my little brother here is watching WWE with the volume up kinda loud. Just a typical day.

Oh yeah, I'm seriously considering going to Australia. Here's the website about it: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/index.htm I think it would be awesome to go there and this visa encourages traveling and working only to earn money to travel. It really sounds like it would be an interesting experience. I'm weighing it against art school. Art school is losing. Any ideas about this?

Any way, I'm still waiting for that video to upload. Until next time.

The video didn't really work out.

No comments: