Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Eventually

It's the point of the year where my thoughts are changing from "Man, I really wish I was in America," to "Do I have to go back to America?".

In the first statement, "America" takes on the position of home, family, friends, familiar places and events, context and circumstances that I'm used to. However, in the following question "America" turns into my future, expectations, and real responsibilities.

Truth is, these past months have been incredibly easy on me as far as what I actually have to do. This is not some "demanding job" where I have a lot of things to take care of. I've been sleeping too much and that makes me tired. Maybe may bed is too comfortable, and since I'm not a self-starter and only really work well when I'm under pressure, I haven't been feeling very "productive".

I guess those are things that I should learn to turn around. I should be a self-starter and work well all the time. But I only realize this at night and that makes me not want to sleep and it has become a cycle that I need to break today.

I'm going to try and keep trying until this sense of fatigue decides to leave. Any support would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Hey Nigel, I know how it feels when you feel like you should do something but you're too tired or drained, a lot of times during the summer I guess. Just hang in there and maybe start 1 moderately challenging project that's attainable. That way you are rewarded by having completed something that was moderately challenging, while at the same time you are not banging your head against a wall. Note: I have never successfully done this, but people claim that it works.